My first attempt at sewing with knits! This one is made from a stretch knit microfleece. I’m afraid I was completely unable to shake the joy of animal prints ingrained in me by Jungle January, so I lined the hood with blue leopard print fabric. Seemed the obvious choice. I may have an animal print addiction; therapy might be necessary.
I am currently taking the Sewing With Knits class through Craftsy and this is the first project. The pattern is from the class, except for the lining in the hood. I added the lining, by constructing another hood out of the leopard print fabric, a thin knit jersey, and sewing it to the hood.
Because I don’t have a serger / overlocker, I used the stretch stitch on my regular sewing machine (two stitches forward, one stitch back), it takes a long time and uses a lot of thread, but I think it looks better than a narrow zig-zag. I also used an overlock stitch on the exposed seams on the hood and lining and a twin needle for the sleeve and bottom hems.