So, the draw has taken place and Kitty has selected a winner! Here is a rundown of how it happened:
- Cards were made with the names and favourite sewing/crafting magazines of all 20 participants.
- Cards were gathered together and shuffled, supervised by Kitty.
- Cards were randomly placed around a bench in a circle, also supervised by Kitty.
- Kitty’s job is now to leap off of the bench and land on a card, thereby selecting the winner! Go Kitty!!!
- Kitty leaps off the bench, delicately stepping around all cards, not so much as even brushing gently against one. Nice footwork Kitty. Sadly, not the point of the exercise.
- Excitement is palpable when Kitty looks like he is going to pick a winner!!!!
- Nope, false alarm, Kitty is back up on the bench to peruse life from a higher vantage point.
- Kitty ponders where to go next. For many, many, many minutes. Aren’t you glad we didn’t videotape this??
- Then, like the skies opening up and letting out the glorious sunshine, Kitty prepares to leap once again!
- And then….BAM!!!! Kitty goes for it!! We are fairly confident that this WILL BE an Olympic event at the next Olympics. You heard it here first.
- KITTY NAILS IT!!!! He lands with a paw smack down on a card!!
- Kitty’s assistant turns over the winning card. Who will it be?? The anticipation is absolutely nerve wracking ……
- And the winner is…………………….
- Congratulations Lori Harris!!! You are the winning entrant!
- Kitty’s work here is done…..Nice work Kitty!
Thank you to everybody who participated! We’ve enjoyed meeting you. There will be more giveaways in the near future, so please be sure to sign up and try your luck again! Kitty looks forward to it.
21 thoughts on “Kitty Picks a Winner!!!! (Eventually…)”
LOVE the way Kitty dragged it out… the suspense was palpable… 🙂 Congrats to Lori!
Ha ha! That is definitely the most entertaining prize draw I have ever seen. Go Kitty!!
Edge of my seat!!! I felt like I was right down in district 12- fabulous drawing!
I’m speechless. That is one clever kitty. Even moreso than a guitar playing one! 🙂
what a cute talented kitty. He really made this draw a winner. Congrats to the person who won.
Wow!!! I never win anything… Thank you so much 🙂 And thank you sewexhausted for the congrats too!!! The suspense was also killing me. I have a kitty that I will have to do that with when I do a giveaway. I wonder if she will cooperate,,, hmmm… Again, than you so very much. I love how you had your kitty help you. I bet you had to be very very very patient while she decided what he wanted to do.
Great draw, right down to the nail-biting end! Thank Kitty for being such a great official – and congrats to Lori … J
Kitty always aims to please so prize selection was not only cute but also very fair & unbiased.
haha! That’s much more fun than an octopus!
Kitty would like to express his sincere thanks to all his ‘fans’ for appreciating his officiating tactics for this draw 🙂
VIA TWITTER: prttynpnk @Prttygrievnces
@Gjeometry kitty made a certain trio of dachsies look positively amateurish! I may woo kitty for my next drawing or event!
VIA TWITTER: Gjeometry @Gjeometry
@Prttygrievnces Kitty requires massage, tuna and complete rest and relaxation in front of a fireplace, just fyi.
Kitty enjoys pouncing on things. This is like a dream job for him. Now for the next draw, if you could figure out how to make the cards move…
Yes, Kitty is a Master Pouncer. He’s also light on his paws. And, if we make the cards move next time, it would incite him to pounce faster, thus cutting down the looooong draw time. However, this would also cut down on the nail biting suspense! 🙂
Update: The winner, Lori, just received the magazine today and posted a comment over in the sign-up for the giveaway, here:
Brilliant execution Kitty. I’m certainly glad you took your time, that made the photo’s and commentary more fun. You’re a riot Catja, you’re so darn creative. Hey, liking the Peace sign Fuchsia T too. I’m totally Pinning the last photo, too cute.
Heh heh, thanks Kelly! This post still makes me laugh! Kitty was so delicately stepping around those cards, honestly it’s a good thing I didn’t videotape it because the tape would have run for 2 hours!! For all the things he’s knocked over and broken, he certainly had his royal daintiness on for this draw selection! I really think I may frame that last photo, his expression!!
Oh I think you should. Look at that sweet widdle face and paw. Maybe next years Christmas Card?
Yes! Good idea! Except that his face sort of looks a bit miffed, which is part of why he looks so cute!